96 LHS Misses under load

When climbing hill or passing, engine misses or it could be back firing. Doesn't do it all the time. Its happens on dry days, wet days engine could be hot or cold. It has 130,000miles on it. Any suggestions ?

Reply to
LAWRENCE PERFETTO

Start with the simplest of all: replace the plugs and wires. From my experience, missing under acceleration/load and backfiring through the exhaust is usually the spark wires.

Also, in the future, when posting asking for help or suggestions, please provide more information. The mileage was an excellent start. The engine (this vehicle used the 3.5L only that year I believe, but would be nice for you to post that too), maintenance history, last tuned date, and if the wires have ever been replaced would be very helpful.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman