96 plymouth breeze noise with tire rotation

All, Since June 04, our Plymouth Breeze has been making an odd noise on occasion. When you apply the brake, you may hear a noise when the brake is released and you start to accelerate. It sounds like a flat and it happens with the tire rotation. It does not happen all the time.

Mechanics have replaced the drum, brakes, spring kit, and wheel cylinder on passenger rear side, actually all brakes have been done, but they are concentrating on the passenger rear side.

After a few months of it working fine, it started again, taken back to the same mechanic, said drum and brakes were both shot, replaced them under warranty and thought problems were solved. Well, a few weeks went by(3 to be exact) and it started again. Took the car back and they replaced the springs again. This time they said they had no idea what was causing this to happen.

Any suggestions on what would be causing the passenger rear wheel to do this to the brakes and (I think) causing the clunking, flat tire sound when the tire is rotated after applying the brakes?

Thanks, Lance

Reply to
Lance

Lance