96 sebring 2.0 dohc timing belt replacement advice requested

I am replacing the timing belt, idler pulleys and water pump in my 96 Sebring coupe with the 2.0 DOHC engine. Has anyone had firsthand experience doing this job? There does not seem to be any way to remove the engine motor mount which attaches to the block with 3 bolts because there isn't enough room between the timing cover and and fenderwell. I got those 3 bolts completely loosened but can't get them out !

Is there a trick to doing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance !

Reply to
septicman

I had the same problem with the rear motor mounts on my 41 Windsor. They could loosen, but not come out. The only solutions was to raise the Fluid Drive unit and then thy came out fine.

Reply to
sctvguy1

Does the mount need to be removed? When I had the belt and water pump changed on my 2.4 in a Dodge Stratus, I think they only had to remove the splash shield to get to everything. A Sebring may be different though.

KM

Reply to
KirkM