'96 Voyager fuel pump

Hello. I just spent $150.00 to have my fuel filter replaced. The next day, the van continued to stall and now I'm told I need to replace the fuel pump?

Any way around this? Any suggestions...?

Thanks,

DW

Reply to
David Watts

If it is bad it will need replaced. But needs proper testing to see if it is bad. Start with a fuel pressure test and post back pressure reading. Any check engine lights? What engine and mileage?

Reply to
MT-2500

Well first of all if you spent that much money to replace the filter I would not have the same people replace the pump. I don't think the fuel pump is going to make your vehicle stall. If they do replace it for that reason you had better make sure they guarantee the repair. Since we don't know the engine size...it would be hard to tell what the problem could be. If its a 6 cyl you make just need to have the throttle body cleaned

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Why? That's a 10 minute job and a 15 dollar part.

Around what?

Suggest you find out why your van is stalling. And your Bonneville, too, for that matter.

Reply to
Dipstick

Reply to
philthy

Not on that van ... the filter is about twice that price at a auto parts store (dealer would be even more I am sure). And sometimes requires loosening the gas tank to drop it a couple inches to get at the filter. Your point is still valid that it should not have cost $150, but it is a bit more than you make it out to be as well.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman