96 Voyager - Speed control frozen

Hi

I'm having trouble with the speed control on my 96 Grand Voyager. When turning ignition on, the speed control light goes on. However I can't turn it off. And it does not work at all.

Could a good old disconnect battery terminals, wait, reconnect battery terminals solve this. Or should I look for errors elsewere?

Asle Eriksen

Reply to
Asle Eriksen

Carl Baron

If it is the clockspring there are two recalls - one for 1996 - 1998 vehicles and the other for 1998- 2000 vehicles. If a vehicles has less than 70,000 miles dealers will replace the clockspring at no charge. For those vehicles with more than 70,000 miles it will be replaced at no charge only if it fails.

I have a '96 T&C LXi that had the clcokspring fail before the first recall. I paid $190 to have it replaced. After I received the recall notice I mailed a copy of my repair receipt to Chrysler and they sent me a check for the total amount. This van now has over 184,000 miles on it. When I had it at my dealer for some service earlier this year they went ahead and replaced the clockspring again under the recall as records showed it had never been performed.

Reply to
RPhillips47

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RPhillips47) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com:

Thanks. I'll check with my local dealer to see if they can replace the clockspring. The car has approx 101,000 miles on it. Hoping to get it for free. Is there a public available site where I can see recalls?

Reply to
Asle Eriksen