'97 Caravan Stalls

Help Please!

I have a '97 Grand Caravan 3.8l that stalls occasionally while at the stop light (full stop) with no warning -- RPM drop or engine sputter. Starts right back up.

I know a gummed throttle body will slow the solenoid there to choke the air off, but have read that that happens while decellerating, my stall happens while at a standstill.

Also, I did the on-off diagnostic and cam up with "54" as a result. I've read that this could indicate a camshaft sensor problem, but don't know what the symptoms are of that.

Just need some advice before I go tearing things apart. All advice is appreciated!

-Wes

Reply to
westibbs

jdoe

I;ve also had stalling problems (on the 3.3 litre engine) and it was the MAP sensor. Actually, I think it was the connector to the MAP sensor rather than the actual sensor.

Reply to
davemcc