'97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - no power to code reader DLC pin 16 ?

Vehicle:

1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXI 2.5L,V6, Gas, FI, VIN "H", EEB, JXI

I purchased a new code scanner (OBD II). I connected the scanner to the DLC connector under the dash. There is no power to pin 16. I tested pin 16 (+), and pin 4 (- and ground) of the DLC and the is NO power to pin 16. I do not have a wiring diagram that shows the pin-out connectors to/from the DLC.

What is the procedure to determine why the DLC pin 16 lacks at least 8VDC?

THANKS, Gene

Reply to
Gene

  1. Check fuses
  2. Get wiring diagram and get dirty.
Reply to
bllsht

Pin 16 is fused B(+) Located in the junction block. Fuse #5 10 amp (red) The procedure is to first check all fuses

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Reply to
philthy

THANKS all !!!

It was a blown Fuse 10A fuse #5. I guess the Amp under the passengers side went out.

The new OBD II reported all OK.

Thanks for the help.

Gene

Reply to