97 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN SE 3.3L STALLS

Hello,

I have a 97 dodge grand caravan se 3.3L 130K. Last year I had the same problem that's happening now but worst. The engine would suddenly stall and die wether I'm on the streets or the freeway. It happened when I was at freeway speed with my family on board. Scary.

I ran code check and even took to 2 mechanics already. The codes said bad camshaft and cramshaft and they were replaced and nothing.

When it happened last year, they also changed the Oxigen Senson and that seemed to fix the problem. Havent tried to change the O2 this time yet because the computer is showing it as fault sensor.

I turn the engine on, normaly. Sometimes I put on reverse and normal but when I put even a little bit pressure on the gas pedal, it stalls and dies. Then It won't turn on for a couple minutes and after a few tentatives. Going forward seems normal but from nothing it suddenly stalls and dies, wheter I'm running or not. I also noticed that sometimes when I run into some bad streets with cracks and bumps, it also stalls and dies..

I don't know what to do and don't want to dake it to a dealership because they would charge my eye LoL.

Thank you

Reply to
anderson.raminelli

zimmermank

God no, don't take it to a dealer. You're much better off with the 2 'mechanics' throwing parts at it.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
philthy

I am uncertain from your post if you have replaced both the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor. This was the cure for similar problems on my early 3.3 caravan, so worth a shot? Best of luck - Timothy

Reply to
timothymaas

Hi Timothy: Yup both the cam and cranks sensors have been replaced. Also new plugs, wires, EGR, and coil pack. Bucked so much last week it snapped an axle shaft. Most of the time it starts off fine but within a mile or so it starts to miss, buck and stall. The RPMs at idle vary from 400 to 1200, up and down till it stalls, Usually starts back up, sometimes it takes several tries. The last mechanic thinks it's haunted. LOL. I think all the problems started soon after we had the AC compressor replaced, but there's been many things done it's hard to remember. Now it's at a shop run by a former Chrysler tech who retired after 25yrs experience. Hope he finds this gremlin. Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks JAY

Reply to
Jay Margolis

Reply to
juzme