97 Grand Voyager 3.3 liter - Cruise Doesn't Work

I have a 97 Grand Voyager with a 3.3 Liter V6. the cruise recently stopped working. When you hit the on/off switch on the steering wheel column, the "cruise" light doesn't come on on the dash. Any ideas? I've checked the manual. There is no fuse listed for the cruise control.

Reply to
mcl

jdoe

How about the horn and airbag warning? Do they work normally. They also use the clockspring to transfer power and signals into the steering wheel. Make sure the brake light switch is not stuck on and is correctly adjusted. Check for stored DTC codes from the PCM. Codes 11, 15 or 34 will cause cruise to be inop.

Reply to
Mike Martin

Reply to
mic canic

I brought my car in December for the Clock Spring Recall. (Had 93000 miles on it then, now 103000) The horn works and the airbag light comes on when I start up. The only engine code I get is 12. I has some leaky gaskets replaced two weeks ago (Precision Tune). It was after that I noticed the cruise control didn't work. I thought they did something. Brought it back there last week and they checked it out. They said it was nothing they did. They did pull out the center of the steering wheel and hooked it up to a meter. They thought the switch on the column was bad and I would need to take it to Chrysler. I have an appointment on 13 Oct. I was hoping for a more simple solution. Chrysler solutions always seem to cost allot more that any one else.

Reply to
mcl

Well, chrysler just fixed it.....no charge. It was the clockspring. Even though it was brought in for that recall in Dec he said they just "checked" it then. It went bad now.