97 plymouth breeze, coolant won’t stop boiling!! help!!

I have a 97 Plymouth Breeze and recently every time i shut my car off, my coolant/antifreeze is at a rolling boil and it does this for at least 2 minutes before it cools down. i?ve had my radiator flushed, is it the thermostat?? any advice would be super helpful, thanks!

Reply to
hotcar

Have you checked the radiator cap to ensure it is opening at the correct PSI? Also, a correct antifreeze/water mixture will raise the boiling tempurature to the proper tempurature.

I would also suggest checking the thermostat as you mentioned.

One final item. Since your Breeze is a 1997, has the head gasket been replaced with the multi-layered "MLS" gasket? If there is a leak in the gasket, the exhaust can force coolant back into the recovery bottle. Eventually, the cooling system will be low. This happened on my 1990 Dodge Spirit with a 2.5L engine.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson