97 plymouth breeze, coolant wont stop boiling!! help!!

I have a 97 Plymouth Breeze and recently every time i shut my car off, my coolant/antifreeze is at a rolling boil and it does this for at least 2 minutes before it cools down. ive had my radiator flushed, is
it the thermostat?? any advice would be super helpful, thanks!
hotcar wrote:

Have you checked the radiator cap to ensure it is opening at the correct PSI? Also, a correct antifreeze/water mixture will raise the boiling tempurature to the proper tempurature.
I would also suggest checking the thermostat as you mentioned.
One final item. Since your Breeze is a 1997, has the head gasket been replaced with the multi-layered "MLS" gasket? If there is a leak in the gasket, the exhaust can force coolant back into the recovery bottle. Eventually, the cooling system will be low. This happened on my 1990 Dodge Spirit with a 2.5L engine.
-Kirk Matheson