'97 Stratus brakes

Hello all,

The front brakes on my '97 Stratus began making, on occasion, a growling metallic noise. Also, a slight pulsation was felt in the pedal. The shop that I had do the rear brakes felt that the cause was light rust that develops on the rotors overnight. It will go away after driving a bit. Plausible, since the car isn't driven everyday.

Braking didn't seem to be affected, it felt that maybe the ABS was kicking in. But enough was enough, so I decided to replace the brakes and rotors. There was enough material on the pads, however, the braking the material fell off the inboard pads. Problem found? I thought so, until today.

Long story short: new pads and rotors. The brakes are still growling and pulsating on occasion.

Bad calipers? ABS?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
pazman