97 Voyager rolls freely while in park Trans Or CV??

Hi,

Thank You all for being here . Wife was driving going on to highway heard thunk. Car no longer moved. She pulled over and engine still running car wont move in all gears and even rolls in park. had car towed back home Tow truck guy said trans or CV joints. That what I was thinking but how do you tell quickly or easily if possible determine trans or CV? I have been reading other post but nothing exact to this 3.3 liter w/o OD 160K on car not orig owner so who knows what been done Thanks Again in Advance, Bill W.

>>tonerdotatyahoo.com
Reply to
Bill

Bill

Ant GOOD mechanic already HAS a 32mm socket! ;)

I did my Mazda 626 the same way..then a Subaru. When I did the Soob I decided I'd better have one of these in my 'arsenal'...

BTW, the Mazda took NINE HOURS to take out and replace. I drove the thing for a few days and then heard a familiar clicking noise...

The other side only took 4... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B