97 voyager tranny whine

Hi to all in group, I have a 97 grand voyager 3.3 and 70,000 mi. and its had most all the services done me including the tranny services with the proper chrylsler atf#3. My tranny has a high speed whine at about 65mph+ and no other problems leaks etc, shifts smooth but my question is that whine something that I should be worried about for breakdown later on with this famous tranny.Also there is a bump feel at times with the AC on when coming to a stop.

Thanks for any Info.

Reply to
Larry

This is a well known problem, the whine is caused by resonance in the transmission transfer gear.

There are a couple of TSB's on the subject, do a google search using the terms chrysler transfer gear whine.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Reply to
Larry

Well since no transmission will go forever no matter how healthy, and it cant fail in the past, and you are not using it in the present then logically the only answer can be yes!

Reply to
Burgerman

Not because of the whine, it's more of an annoyance than a real problem.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Reply to
Larry