98 caravan 2.4 head gasket oil leak

I have a 98 caravan with the 2.4 four cylinder engine that recently started leaking oil from the original head gasket. The van has only 41k miles on it which is why it hadn't leaked before now. I understand chrysler had a secret warranty on this problem, but I called chrysler and they said they wouldn't help with the repair because of the age of the van. Has anyone had a similar problem on an older low mileage 2.4 and gotten any help from chrysler?

Reply to
jcs444dixmyth

There is Not much hope on cry helping. You might as well bite the bullet and fix or trade it. But with the new gasket and done right it should last a long time. Only problem I see on them is 4 cyl is a little under powered for a van. If you go for another van look for a 3.3 or 3.8 engine. Good Luck

Reply to
MT-2500