98 caravan, clogged evap drain?

Just purchased said vehicle, after researching a bit, found that some people are having problems with water in the passenger footwell from a clogged drain. I'm getting the same thing (sounds like water sloshing around behind the glove box). Water isn't pouring in, discovered it by pulling back the carpet and insulation. Anyways, I think I found the correct drain hose on the firewall side. There is a small protrusion on the firewall, and a black hose hangs down from the bottom of it. What's the standard method for clearing this? Do I need to pull the hose off, or can I just blow some compressed air through the tube? Seems like it may be a pain in the arse to get that hose back on. As far as I can tell and from what I have read, there is no way to access this from the interior of the vehicle without tearing the dash apart. Well, if anybody can supply any information, it would be much appreciated.

SoF

Reply to
SoF

Behind the glove box there is a small irregularly shaped access panel ( 2" at bottom, 3" at top, 4" high) where some temp sensor wiring feeds into the compartment housing the evaporator. Perhaps you could pour some water mixed with bleach into it and suck it out through the drain in the firewall using a shop vac. Otherwise you are stuck removing the entire dash.

Paul

SoF wrote:

Reply to
Paul Layman