98 Dodge Stratus Startup problem after replacing battery

I replaced the car's battery yesterday afternoon. This morning when I started the car, the engine idled very roughly, almost like it was going to stall. I gave it gas to keep it from dying out. This lasted for about 15-20 secs. About 10 minutes later, the car was running fine. After the 45 minute drive to work, I turned the car off and restarted it and everything was back to normal.

Has anyone heard of anything like this or what it could possibly be?

History:

I have a 98 Dodge Stratus, with about 56K miles on it. I have the 2.4L DOHC engine in it. Two days ago, I went to start the car and the engine wouldn't start. The lights worked, the horn worked, the radio worked, etc. But the engine wouldn't turn over. It would almost turn over, then I would hear the clicking from the starter engine. I even tried jumpstarting it from my wife's Honda PRelude. Still no luck. So I figure it must be the battery.

I replaced the 4 year old PowerEdge battery the next day. The battery must have been leaking battery fluid because there was battery fluid all over the top of it and in the battery compartment. So I cleaned the battery compartment out and replaced the old battery with a DieHard. After replacing the battery, I tried starting the car a couple of times and the car started fine. I let the car run for about

15 - 30 seconds each time. However, no rough idle or anything. Everything seemed fine. And then the problems this morning.
Reply to
Michael Pompey

[...]

Some of the engine settings were lost when the battery was disconnected for replacement. They were re-learned during the 45 minute drive.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson