98 Grand Voyager A/C

Been noticing a couple of things about the A/C recently. Doesn't seem to be cooling much at idle or in heavy traffic, but cools COLD at

30+mph. Never noticed until just recently that I'm seeing moisture coming out of the A/C vents. We've never noticed that in the 4 years we've owned it. Don't know if that's abnormal or not. Replaced the battery 6 weeks ago, but still a little sluggish when starting first thing in the morning. Don't have any idea how tight the serpentine belt is supposed to be. Had the belt replaced about 18 months ago. I'm wondering if that belt isn't tight enough. I'm not a mechanic (or really mechanically inclined) but $ is kinda tight and don't want to pay a big bill for anything. Any idea how much flex there should be in that serpentine belt? I can probably find it within my abilities to tighten that belt:-) Any ideas? thanks
Reply to
Byron Clinkingbeard

i'm also a amauter so just listen me and if you like follow my idea.

there must be soem books on free libraries about different cars and they try to tell you how tight the belt should be. In my oppinion, it should be tight enought not to make any noise (slipping). If you get some moisture out of the A/C vent, yyour system might be clouged. AC collects lots of water when you are using it, and it dumps it from the passenger side firewall(many water lakes under the cars are just becaue of ac). If te drain hose is clouged, you need to open it one way or other, or it will dump the water in the car soon. basic orgigin of the problem is the leaves of trees clouging the drain plug.

check the water level or the radiator. Your heater core might be leaking. it is very close to the evaporator(?).

Reply to
ulas cosar coskun

Are you sure the mist is moisture and not refrigerant? I've had to replace the evaporator twice because of leaks. If you wait two long, the compressor will seize. Then expect about $1200 to $1500 bill to get it all fixed. I would turn off the AC and take it to and AC shop ASAP.

Paul

Byr> Been noticing a couple of things about the A/C recently. Doesn't seem

Reply to
Paul Layman