'98 Neon. Sunroof problem / racheting sound

Hi all -

I have a 1998 Ply Neon. It's a 4-door, 19k miles, original owner.

I'm having a problem with the factory installed sunroof. It won't open/close properly. It makes a clicking/ racheting sound like something in the motor is not correctly engaging. Right now it will only close 95% of the way. HELP!

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil Marshall

Is this the kind of repair that a handy do-it-yourselfer could take on? Where to find replacement parts? Cost?

Or would it make more sense to take it in for service. Any idea (ballpark) on what it may run?

The timing could not have been worse as I am looking into getting a new car and wanted to use the Neon for a trade-in.

Thanks, Phil

Reply to
Phil Marshall

Reply to