!988 Caravan Intermintant wipers

Hi Guys. As above, my intermitant wipers don't work properly. Also when I turn the wipers off they stop where ever they are on the windshield. They don't return to the bottom position. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
Errol

On my '99 LH car, there was a problem with the wipers in intermittent mode when the outside temperature was cold. The wipers would move to a position above their usual parking spot and then stop. Turning the wipers to OFF and then ON would temporarily fix the problem.

Apparently this is a common problem when cold and the cause is a defective park switch. I think they had to replace the motors to finally resolve it. At first they could not "find" the problem (under the 3 year warranty). The dealer later did fix it under my service contract (deductible) even though I had first reported it under warranty, which was a typical experience for me. I'm not sure if your Caravan uses similar wiper motors, but it may.

I don't think I ever had any problems with the wipers not returning to their parking location like you described, however.

Reply to
Greg Houston