99 Breeze Alternator Belt Tension

How do you adjust the alternator belt tension on a 99 Plymouth Breeze 2.0 L? I've followed the instructions in the service manual and all that does is pull the alternator toward the front of the car to the limit of the bracket travel. It does not adjust the idler pulley at all. I have about 2 inches of slack in the belt that does not adjust out. Guidance needed. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dale Allen

"Dale Allen" that does is pull the alternator toward the front of the car to the

From your description (I haven't worked on a Breeze), is it possible you've got the wrong belt? Years and years ago, I bought a belt that turned out to be mis-labelled...

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer