'99 G. Caravan 41TE delayed shift

My friend's afraid his 41TE is on it's way out. I asked why and he said the tranny doesn't shift from 1st to 2nd as soon as it used to. It stays in 1st longer before finally going into 2nd. Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
David Allen

How many miles since he's had the ATF flushed? Read here for info/ideas/specifics:

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

Reply to
jdoe

Before changing the trans fluid or rebuilding the trans, perform the following;

  1. Removed the cable connector at both the TCM (Transmission Control Module) and the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) and clean with alcohol and (soldering / acid) brush. I think you will find a lot of contamination in the TCM connector.
  2. If still bad, R&R the Input and Output Speed sensors ( total).

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Hodgson

Reply to
jdoe

Bad Input/Output Sensors will not store an error. Scan will only give unpredictable error codes from intermittent sensor. Only a completely failed sensor will be identified in the scan.

- Bill

Reply to
Bill Hodgson