99 Intrepid Cigarette Lighter not working

1) Does this not work by default, do i need to move/add a fuse? 2) If so, where is the fuse box on a 99 Intrepid? I bought used and did not get a manula 3) Is this an easy thing to remedy?

Thanks for any help..

Reply to
Baters

Fuse Box is on the left of the dash exposed by opening the door and it is at the level of the mirror. There is a legend inside the fuse area denoting which is the relevant fuse. On my intrepid it is not a cigarette lighter per se but a 12v outlet.

Make sure the cigarette lighter is not faulty by trying it in another car

Reply to
Keith

And if I'm not mistaken, operates only with the ignition on...

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

No, Ken - The fuse has two positions that you can put it in - horizontal and vertical. One position is always on, the other operates with the ignition switch.

BTW - it's the upper-most righthand fuse in the fuse box (that one is referred to in the FSM as the junction block - the other fuse/circuit breaker/relay area is the Power Center on the front driver's side of the engine compartment).

Bill Putney

thx for the help guys i got it working

Reply to
Baters