99 RamVan blower resistor?

I have a 99 Ram Van 1500 3.9L. The blower only runs on high speed so I'm looking at replacing the motor resistor. The Haynes manual says the resistor in Dodge vans is behind the glove compartment. Is this right or wrong? I looked at two different resistors from the parts store and none matched components behind the glove box.

Reply to
Moses

AHHH the infamous Haynes manual again!!! It has been awhile since I have worked on a B van. I think the resistor on this vehicle is behind the glove box meaning under the hood screwed into the firewall.If I remember correctly the older B vans had the resistor located behind the glove box tray, you had to open the box and pull out the tray. let me know where you found it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I've been looking under the hood but not sure what's there. Doesn't look like anything in the firewall. However, some device is bolted into the AC cover on the passenger side. That might be it but Maacos replacement part had a resistor with a plastic angle bar attached to it. I'm still confused. There is a 4 pin connector on the AC mounted device which looks familiar. Guess I'll take it out and look at it and maybe trace the wiring.

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
Moses

I sent an underhood component diagram in my previous post.

Reply to
Road Runner