99 T & C audible warning

My 99 T & C was giving an audible chime just before coming to a full stop. Same chime that you get when going to low fuel. Looked in my owners manual and Haynes book and did not get an indication of what it was. Last Oil change, I topped everything off, including the brake master cylinder which was down a little. Chime has stopped. Was that it?

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Since it is now no longer chiming, I am guessing it might have been low on windshield washer fluid in the reservoir. When you stopped the fluid would move forward and the sensor would momentarily determine low fluid and sounding the chime and lighting the indicator. Then the fluid would shift back and the indicator light would quickly go out.

Another less likely possibility is totally unrelated and would not have likely stopped when you changed the oil and filed the fluids ... a misaligned or defective door switch which could also show a door as ajar for a brief instant if the body flexed just right during braking.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to