99 T&C Door look problem

So, the way the door cyclinders are supposed to work, if you turn the key to unlock and hold for one second it will unlock all the doors. That works great on the passenger side door of my van.

On the driver side, however, it doesn't. Instead, it will unlock all the doors for as long as you hold the key turned but as soon as you release pressure to turn the key back to the nuetral position so you can remove it, it re-locks them all. This can go on for minutes. Someties I will get it to stay unlocked after several attempts, sometimes it just won't.

I know if I had the keyless fobs I wouldn't have this problem, but I don't. ;-)

Any thoughts on this? could it just be the computer flaking out so that resetting the computer might take care of it or is it more likely a faulty sensor or switch in that lock cylinder itself?

TIA for any help

Reply to
nobody

It is not the computer but the arm/disarm switch that is causing the problem. The switch is attached to the door lock key cylinder. about $30 for the part.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower