A/C CLUTCH -96 VOYAGER NOT TURNING

Hi. i have a 96 Ply grand Voyager and the a/c clutch is not turning thus no cool air in 94 degree heat((( Any ideas on what needs to be done to rectify tihs awful problem would be appreciated.

Reply to
pete patel

The clutch will not pick if system pressure is too low. Check pressure at the low side (thick pipe). It should be at least 60 pounds when idle. If low or none, check for leaks.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

If the clutch is not spinning, the system doesn't even need to be on to get the static pressure. 8^)

Bill Putney

By 'idle' I meant A/C not running, engine off. Should have chosen a better terminology.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

I just need to read more carefully. 8^)

Bill Putney