A/C Clutch Question

The compressor on my '00 Voyager 2.4 siezed, and the clutch melted down, so I've ordered a replacement compressor. The car uses a 10PA17C compressor with a 6 groove belt. It's effectively the same compressor as what's on my ''95 Eagle vision except with a different pulley on the clutch. My issue is that the clutch wiring on the new compressor is different than what's on my van. The van had a oval connector with two tiny contacts in it. The new clutch has a round connector with a single contact in it. This new connector is the same as the one on my '95 Eagle. Is there a way to wire this so that it will work? Is there any adapter harness that I can get?

I went a head and mounted the new compressor with the hope that I'd be able to overcome this obstacle. The compressor itself wasn't too bad to mount. It was the receiver drier that was a trial to install because of it's sheltered location.

Reply to
bruce

I would think that the missing connection on the new unit is ground. So it appears they now get the ground through the connection of the compressor bolted onto the engine.. and eventually getting to chassis ground. I would just hook up the power connection to the new clutch. Should work fine...

Telstar Electronics

I have repaired a simular problem by doing s splice. that is cutting the wire before the connector and doing the same on the old one then sodering the old connector wires to the new. If indeed the missing wire is a ground you and either leave it off or sodder it to the hot wire. at anyrate you will have your old connector end now and should beable to just plug it in with no problem.

WARNING only do this if you know what your doing. and the wires are easily accessable. also leave enough exra wire incare you have to resplice. I would only recomend this if the wireing is easy ie 3 wires or 2 and not an entire wire harness.

Reply to
Omegasupreme

I have repaired a simular problem by doing s splice. that is cutting the wire before the connector and doing the same on the old one then sodering the old connector wires to the new. If indeed the missing wire is a ground you and either leave it off or sodder it to the hot wire. at anyrate you will have your old connector end now and should beable to just plug it in with no problem.

WARNING only do this if you know what your doing. and the wires are easily accessable. also leave enough exra wire incare you have to resplice. I would only recomend this if the wireing is easy ie 3 wires or 2 and not an entire wire harness.

Reply to
Omegasupreme

Hi...

I'd strongly recommend that you not consider connecting the missing ground wire to the hot one. :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Just a question....did you flush out the system? I guess I would be a little concerned, and perhaps unduly so, that I should have flushed it and maybe even replaced the expansion valve or tube or whatever is involved in your system...

Reply to
<HLS

oops my bad yes yes DO NOT COnnect to the Hot wire lol god did i make a mistake lol

anyway the repair should still work just dont connect to the hot wire. (see this is why I stick to my 55 my %% Savoy......)

Reply to
Omegasupreme