A question for PT owners with the f*@ked up powder coat bumpers.

Thanks to Chrysler's tape. Has anyone found something that can be put on them to hide the "bleached" look where the tape was? Something other than to paint with a powder coat look alike? Even something temporary that lasts a couple of weeks?

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

"Pete E. Kruzer" wrote in news:d2e724c9-00d9-407a- snipped-for-privacy@c1g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

Most people in our PT club have had their bumpers painted and that eliminates it of course. I haven't had mine painted and have to deal with what's referred to as the dreaded "tape marks". I use a tire shine product on a cheap wax pad and rub the bumpers down. It may take doing it several times if you've never done it before. But keeping a shine product on the bumper will keep those markes to a minimum or even to the point they aren't seen.

Reply to
CopperTop

On Jul 5, 10:43=A0pm, CopperTop wrote: ?

Thanks for the reply.

Judging from what Ford and GMC did when the paint peeled from the hoods of their vehicles (they repainted them no charge) if the PT was a product of theirs, they would have corrected the problem, no charge. When the tape marks first started appearing, I took my Cruiser to them. They more or less told me in manufacturer/dealer speak, "Tough $h!t!" Since then Chrysler has come out with vehicles that I really like the looks of, but from they way they blew me off and did not stand behind a problem caused by them, I will never buy another Chrysler product.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

For years, Chrysco has taken the low road with many OEM accessory, ancillary and cosmetic defects, even cracked heads and blocks.

ZERO PRODUCT SUPPORT = ZERO REPEAT SALES

Reply to
News

"Pete E. Kruzer" wrote in news:c59fab78-a907-419c- snipped-for-privacy@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Actually early on in the discovery of these tape marks, some dealers did repaint the bumpers at no cost (some, not all). These black bumpers were only on 2001 to 2003 PT's. All 2001 models had the black bumpers. All

2002 models except the Dream Cruiser had black bumpers and in 2003 only the base models had black bumpers(GT's and Dream's had painted bumpers).

My PT is taupe color and from 30 ft away, you can't tell the bumpers haven't been painted. Had my PT been any other color, the contrast is too great and I would have spent the money to have them painted the body color.

Reply to
CopperTop

My 2002 shows the tape marks rather well. what is a good recommendation to cover the grey and tape marks? i do like the later pt's with the painted bumpers!

Reply to
pe2

"pe2" wrote in news:8tw5m.10$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe01.iad:

As mentioned in an earlier post, I use a tire gloss product. Sometimes it may take several coats of rubbing it in to get them to fade away. Of course painting that part is the best solution.

Reply to
CopperTop