A604-41TE Amsoil synthetic versus ATF+3 Mpoar 7176 ??

WTF!

I only pushed the post button once, and it still posted twice.

Must be because I am using Mozilla Thunderbird instead of Microsoft Explorer.

Honest Matt. I don't work for Mozilla either.

LOL! : )

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

I'm using T-bird, and my posts only show up once. You probably have some setting wrong - something causing a copy.

Bill Putney

Never said you were. Being ignorant doesn't make you a liar.

Never said you did.

I was thinking the same of yours, although it may be closer to spam.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Post it an eighth time! Post it again!

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

some setting wrong - something

Yeah. I see my last post didn't copy though, and I didn't do anything different. I don't know what it caused it then.

By the way Bill. You are really outside the established order. Using Thunderbird instead of the tried and 'less than true' Microsoft Internet Explorer. Shame on you dude!

Don't you know that Thunderbird is snake oil?! You probably work for Mozilla too!

Just kidding of course. Remind you of anything though?

One more thing.

I have never seen one of those "slick amsoil print adds" someone mentioned earlier. I heard of it by word of mouth.

Those amsoil dudes really need to work on their marketing approach. It is hard to find a distributer, and calling it a universal ATF was a HUGE mistake! It really 'does' sound like bull shit because of that. The name amsoil really sucks too.

Despite all of these drawbacks though. I have to admit it is absolutely undeniably the best ATF I have ever used. Too bad it is not sold retail. I hope the big oil companies don't destroy the amsoil company, but I bet they do.

Now I got get out of here. Let the stubborn old farts argue about it all they want.

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

Congratulations. You have one a delicious gourmet meal for two at, Club Old Fool!

A604/41TE4 hard parts, solenoid valve body spline and planetary array with pistons, braised in genuine MOPAR +3 or +4 ATF. Served on a bed of crispy fried seals, nestled next to a scrumptious portion of baked clutch plates.

Umm..... Umm.... Manja!

Type III semi synthetic ATF, such as Mopar 7176 ATF +3 and their "new and grossly overpriced" ATF +4, is utterly inferior to any Type IV full synthetic, like Amsoil ATF.

I don't sell the stuff, but I do use it.

Go ahead and bake your damn tranny.

Fine with me.

Idiots!

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

Amsoil ATF IV full synthetic simply does not provide the characteristics needed for recent automatics sold by Chrysler, no matter how stable it is. End of discussion.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Yes it does. I don't know didly about lubricants, but I do know that their ATF has made my A604 perform perfectly, as it was designed to, for the first and only time.

From what I have seen here it is obvious.

You guys are *either unwilling or incapable* of distinguishing between snake oil and a great product. It wouldn't help even if a real expert came on this forum and explained it to you.

You guys should see how you look on these forums. You all spout canned BS, in condemning a great product you have never tried and really know nothing about. Man it is pathetic!

Look. I don't have a damned "tornado" in my intake or a so called "electric turbo unit", and I would never put any PTFE in my crank case. I know the difference between good legitimate products and snake oil. Obviously you jerks do not, and your comments are just plain ridiculous.

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

Its no skin off your nose when someone's TC clutch sheds its skin due to being immersed in Amsoil spooge either, is it?

Reply to
Steve

We put 150,000 miles on my wife's Chrysler transmission using ATF+3 (and later +4) before a leak necessitated repairing it. The clutches were still in great shape. How many miles have you got using Amsoil Spooge Type IV? How long do TCC clutches hold up without the necessary friction modifiers? 10,000 miles, 50,000 miles? Call me back when you have over

200,000 miles without a fluid-related clutch failure (or when you have a document that says it meets the ATF+4 spec), and maybe I'll believe it.
Reply to
Steve

For all of what, a month or two since you dumped it in. Let us know how it's working in five or six years.

Scamsoil's track record of lies cannot be erased by your glib, ignorant assertions.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Then maybe it was a 3 speed, not an A604. Or you live in a very mild climate with optimal driving conditions, like little or no stop and go traffic in hot weather, and she drives in an extremely conservative manner at low speeds over level ground, in an unloaded vehicle for short distances.

My experience over the years with the A604, tells me that either the above is true, or your claim is pure BULL SHIT. Your other "comments" lead me to believe the latter is very likely to be the case.

Maybe when you have "a document" that says your above claims are true, then maybe, MAYBE, I will believe you. Truth is however that I will believe my own experience over any "documents".

You guys are hopeless. I have wasted enough time here trying to reason with you.

bye

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

Show me some real VERIFIABLE *proof*, that your above comment, is anything other than a "glib ignorant assertion" itself.

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

I cannot *wait* to see Steve rip your incorrect assumptions to shreds, one by one, especially since I've seen the car he's talking about. Steve, can you hold off for about 7 minutes while I go pop some popcorn?

Ah. You've never seen something, therefore it doesn't exist. That explains why you were so easily gulled by Scamsoil's propaganda.

That's grand. I don't think anyone has a problem with that. The problem is your laughable attempt to preach the gospel of Scamsoil based on nothing but Scamsoil's claims and your month or two of driving experience.

You're right, we are and you have. Bye, now.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

And I replied to the above with this:

"Show me some real VERIFIABLE *proof*, that your above comment, is anything other than a "glib ignorant assertion" itself."

I am still wait> I cannot *wait* to see Steve rip your incorrect > assumptions to shreds,

one by one, especially

I can't wait either.

So far all I have seen is a clear portrait of unreasoning bias based upon false assumptions, and irresponsible unsubstantiated accusations, founded upon rumor and supposition.

Reply to
fwd_moparasambuku

My 96 Grand Voyager has 167,000 on the original tranny using ATF+3 and

50,000 mile fluid and filter changes. I guess it likes "baking" just fine. :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

How do you know how it was designed to perform? Are you the designer?

Actually, I don't know of any real experts that espouse Amsoil.

Actually, many years ago I tried both Amsoil motor oil and Amsoil gear oil in a car and a motorcycle (gear oil only in the bike). I could detect no difference at all in fuel mileage, operating temperature or noise and, at that time, Amsoil cost a lot more than Mobil 1 and was much harder to find.

How do you know the difference?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Where are your documents that says the Scamsoil claims are true?

Finally!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I'm not stupid, I know what a 42LE is.

Austin Texas. 2 seasons: summer and hellfire. City driving weekdays, plenty of roadtrips and long drives at high speeds too.

Kinda hard to rack up 220,000 miles and take the family on vacation doing stuff like that...

Maybe you're just F.O.S.

Reply to
Steve

Rather that engage in another round of reference-citation-tennis, let me back up and just ask what your objective is here? If its NOT to sell Scamsoil, then what? You can't really claim that you've used the fluid long enough to establish long-term durability. You can't really attribute any better performance to the fluid, maybe you just finally got a transmission that wasn't a typical cruddy mass-production rebuild hack job.

I'll freely acknowledge that the 41TE/42LE have a less-stellar reputation for durability than an A-727 or A-904. It comes with the front-drive, high-mpg, lightweight territory that they were designed in. Honda isn't doing any better. Neither is Toyota, Nissan, GM, or Ford. But its also been well-established that regular fluid changes with fluids that are CERTIFIED to the ATF +3 and +4 specs DO give these transmissions a better shot at long life.

So come on. What's your objective in posting? Saving a few bucks on transmission fluid that you only have to change every 50k miles can't SERIOUSLY be important to you. Its much more important to avoid a $3000-plus rebuild than save $30 on fluid every 2 years.

C'mon, dude, what do you EXPECT us to think?

Reply to
Steve