A604 manual shaft frozen

Hello all:

2000 GC with typical hard shifter actuation from the column. Thought it might be the cable, since it was rusty & was original shift cable. After disconnecting the shift cable at the transmission, I tried to rotate the shaft by hand, but could not move it at all. Thought vehicle weight on parking sprag was binding it, so I rocked the van back & forth a little to see if the shaft would loosen up, again no luck. Could the shaft be bound up at the casing? Or is this a failure of the TRS at t6he bottom of the shaft?

Any ideas, thoughts welcome.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Bishop

It is possible that the shifter shaft is frozen in the valve body from rust. A visual inspection will determine this.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

cavedweller

Next you're going to expect Darryl to use the shift key.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

rOME wASN'T bUILT iN A dAY.

Reply to