A604 Solenoid Pack

I'm having trouble with my '89 New Yorker shifting and suspect the solenoid pack. I read on the Alpar site that it can be taken apart and the filter cleaned and it may improve the problem. Anyone ever done this maneuver? Where are the screens that need to be cleaned? I took off the plate that says "Do not remove" but didn't see anything that looked like a screen or filter. I've never messed with an auto tranny, so any insight would be much appreciated.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Eldridge