About Safety Certificate.

Could anyone be kind enough to provide me a list of things that will be checked for a safety certificate?

I bought a used car, and I need to know what has been checked during a safety check. In this way, I can tell what I should do for maintenance.

Thanks a million!

Reply to
sundance

Get yourself a Haynes manual.. Maintenance of a vehicle is not down to a safety check listing.. all parts of an automobile should be checked at some point from the bolts that hold the licence plate on at the front to the bolts that hold the licence plate at the back.. obvious safety issues are condition of brakes, suspension and steering.. tires.. lights.. winshield wiper and washer operation.. door hinges and locks.. horn.. bumper mountings.. all bodywork especially if of unitary construction

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

Reply to
Mike Hall

...they make excellent doorstops and fire starters, and that's ALL they're good for. Manuals full of errors, like Haynes and Chiltons, are a liability -- not an asset -- when working on your own car. If you intend to work on your own car, get the FACTORY manual.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Would you be kind enough to tell us where you're trying to register a car?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I would agree with your sentiments re the manual but for the part at the front that includes a list of stuff to check..

-- History is >

Reply to
Mike Hall

Amen. I have both for my 94 Chevy pickup. If anyone wants the Haynes manual it is yours for the cost of postage.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting