ABS BRakes 93 3.3 van

My ABS and brake lights have started to go when I depress the brake pedal at times. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me think something is starting to go. I had two occasions where the lights stayed lit after I started the car and the pedal would hardly move and stop the car. I shut it off and restarted it and it seemed ok, meaning it acted normal again. But the light going on bothers me. Does this sound like the pump going ? Before this started, you could hear the pump energizing at certain intervals, but I don't hear that anymore. But now, when I depress the brake pedal I can hear it and it seems to do it everytime I depress the pedal.

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

jdoe

Larry; I made an appointment to take it in tomorrow and have it checked out. Can you tell me how I can find out what part of the system has the lifetime warranty and for what years. I would like to have this info. when they explain to me what is wrong.

Thanks for your help and advice, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
jdoe

Larry or anyone that knows;

I took it in today and they spent most of the day trouble shooting the problem and calling someone at Chrysler when they ran into a dead end. But they did find the problem and told me it was the 'bladder accumulator'. Part is roughly $142.00 and $222.95 for labor plus some change. My question is: is this a part I can replace myself or should I leave it to the dealer ? I've replaced the timing chain, springs/struts, steering rack, power steering pump, etc., so I know my way around the van, but not sure what is involved in this job. And my Haynes manual doesn't mention this part.

thanks, Nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
jdoe

Thanks for the advice. I'll ask about the warranty, but I don't think it's covered or they would have told me. They are doing other recall items and did not mention this. They did do the pump recall in 1999, I must have forgotten about that. Thanks again, Nick

Reply to
ncs