ABS Light on 97 Grand Voyager

I have a 97 Grand Voyager with 117000 miles. Twice, only twice, the most recent just yesterday the ABS light came on. This first happened a few months ago. I came on when I started the car and stayed on. I restarted it and it went off. Yesterday, 150 miles into a 600 mile trip it came on again. I decided it was time for a break. When I restarted the vehicle it went off again. Any ideas?

Reply to
nkl

jdoe

Sounds similar to a problem I had recently. A few times the ABS light came on when I started it. Did not happen very often, I think twice. But what did happen is that occasionally when I applied the brakes, the light would come on briefly and then go out. As Larry recommended, I took it in and they found that the bladder accumulator was bad, it wasn't holding a charge. They replaced it and it's fine. On mine, everytime I would apply the brakes, the pump would engage. Don't know if that's happening with yours, but if so, it could be that same problem. But then, it could something completely different. My vehicle is a 93 with a 3.3. Best to get it diagnosed.

Nick

Reply to
ncs

Don't run to the stealer too quick; especially 97 model is known for clockjspring problems. The first symptom is the ABS light, Later the other functions of the clockspring start to play up. Many chrysler in US have had a recall for this problem. It is not too difficult to change the clockspring yourself. You can find instructions on the net

Gerard

Reply to
mrhoef