ac belt on '91 caravan

Hi, can anyone tell me which pulley is loosened ( & re-tightened) to install ac belt...?

1991 Dodge caravan with 3L 6 and auto-tranny. I can't find my Haynes book and old belt broke so I can't follow it's path. It looks like there is a idler in path - could it be spring loaded? I appreciate any help - I'm in mid-Florida and it is HOT down here! Thanks.

-gb

Reply to
G B

The idler/tensioner pulley you mention is the one. Two-step process: loosen the nut on the 'face' of the idler pulley, then turn the screw that adjusts the tensioner downward. Slip the belt on around the crank pulley, the idler, and the A/C compressor pulley. Re-tension the belt by turning the screw in the opposite direction. Re-tighten the locking nut on the face of the tensioner pulley. Should be all there is to it.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff