Add oil to A/C?

I sometimes get a few seconds of screeching noise a little while after driving off in the mornings, and I *think* it might be from the A/C compressor. Is there any way of adding oil to the system other than by draining, recovering the refrigerant, and recharging?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Yes there is but I suspect the noise you are hearing is the belt slipping first thing in the morning when it's cold. I doubt your AC needs any more oil. Unless there is evidence of the AC oil leaking out it surely doesn't need more. If it is actually the compressor internals making a screeching noise when it first starts up it's too late to save it anyway.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher