Air Bag idiot light

I had an unpleasant surprise as I started my 2005 Dodge Caravan for work this morning. The Air Bag idiot light is on in the cluster panel. There is no code that comes up though. Could this be as simple as a bad fuse?

Thanx,

-Tom Rogers

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Maybe a sensor, maybe some thing in the control box, maybe... I wouldn't like to handle with blasting agent (steering wheel) without any experience.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Im sure your vehicle is still under warranty, take it in and have them scan the module for any faults.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Not under warranty - 48k miles on it now. What module would they scan?

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Wow you put some miles on that.. They would scan the air bag control module

Reply to
maxpower

Am I in any danger of having the air bag deploy while I am driving along normally?

The light comes on when I start the car, like normal, but just stays on, and after 4-5 seconds, one chime.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Rogers

Well that would depend on the problem? Since we can't read the Air bag module to tell you what the problem out af many is. Perhaps you can take it to the dealer to have it read as you were told earlier. It's on for a reason! get it checked.

Reply to
David

dependiing on what the code was, if a sensor is shorted then yes, I would find out what the fault code is and take it from there, you dont want to get into an accident to find out your bags didnt deploy

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
philthy