Air Bag Light on 2001 PT Crusier

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser that has within the last week had the air bag light on the dash come. At first, it would not go out after starting the engine and then there was a chime within 10 seconds of starting the engine. This went on for two days. Since then, it is an intermittent problem. Sometimes the light goes out and comes back on while driving and chimes. I also have the optional side air bags in the front seats. The car has 49k miles on it and has not been in an accident nor bumped hard. Any ideas? I take it in next week to a dealer for some routine maintenance and will have this checked out as well. Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to their Cruiser.

Jerry Las Vegas, NV

Reply to
do not spam

Your are doing the right thing, take it in and get the fault code read and take it from there. If I were to take a guess I would say the Clock spring in the steering wheel is bad

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower