air bag light stays on

2002 voyager The air bag light comes on and stays on most of the time. Is this a common fault on voyagers? If I take it to a dealer (85 miles away), what can I expect to them to tell poor defenseless female without a male to ward off the evil technician.
Reply to
Jan

Isn't it still under 3 year 36k mile warranty? In older cars could be clockspring which is a bunch of wires that connect horn and other electronics in the steering wheel to rest of car. It winds and unwinds as you steer so it is called a clockspring.

Reply to
Art

However, it's not an older car, it's a 2002.

The best thing to do is get several opinions and use a little discretion when you hear the crap they'll spew at you. I'm not sure if it's related, but I think that getting the trouble codes read might be able to determine if there's an electrical problem in the air bag system (most likely). A problem like that probably wouldn't cause the check engine light to come on but might store a code anyway. Again, I'm not sure but it's what I'd do.

Reply to
NG

Possible bad clock spring - this is a common failure.

Bill Putney

Often overlooked is also a simple fuse problem. The Airbag light shares two different fuses with other devices, if either fuse blows, the light illuminates continuously.

Reply to
PC Medic