All electrics on the column are now dead

I have a 1998 Plymouth Voyager that appears to have a problem with the electrics on the steering column. All of the sudden the airbag light came on, the cruise control and horn stopped working. Wipers still work. I'm thinking maybe these are all on the same wiring harness and maybe it came unplugged or one of the wires has worn through somehow? Can anyone confirm this possibility or provide a suggestion? Thanks

Robert

Reply to
Siggy

Sounds like it could be your clockspring. There is a recall on this - B24. The clockspring went out on my '96 T&C LXi (airbag light stayed on, cruise control and horn stopped working) before the recall and I paid to have it fixed. After the recall I submitted the bill to Chrysler and was reimbursed for the full amount I had paid. When it was recently in the shop I asked them to do a recall search on my VIN. The dealer/service department that replaced it originally did not indicate they had so it was replaced again at no charge.

RP

Reply to
RPhillips47

Reply to