Another 2001 PT bumper facia question (white marks)

I was reading an article on the reason for the white marks on 01 - 03 Cruiser white marks. It said that it was caused by masking the bumpers before the car went through the paint booth. The heat pulled the resin from the tape causing the white marks to show up later. If this is the reason, then why would the article state, "Since the white marks will come back even on parts from the MOPAR service center, the only solution is to paint the fascia (as some have already done)."

If the marks were caused from taping, then why would facias that have never been on a car having no reason to masked?

There was no way I could ask the author this question, I thought there might be someone in this group who could.

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer