Anybody interested in Chrysler gold-plated tools?

I have some socket sets & a micrometer from Chrysler - gold plated Master Technician Awards. They were my father's awards for the Master Technician Service Conferences, circa 1970 - 1976. I'm thinking I have three choices: Display them on a shelf, add them to my tool box for use, or sell them. I'm broke so if anyone is interested enough to pay a reasonable amount for them I'll take option #3. :-) Most come in a plastic box, but the mic is in a cardboard box & one of the sets is in a styrofoam Chrysler Pentastar (very cool!). If interested post here or email me for more info. Thanks, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

You might want to put them on ebay.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic

Yeah well, I'm trying to sell everything else too, but I'm having little luck. I'm selling just about enough parts to eat - barely. I'm currently living in my moving van, without a well (I have to bring in 5 gals. of water at a time, & put it on top of the van running through a black hose just to take a shower), with no money & no income. So I'm spending my time trying to get work (I do body & paint, & websites) & trying to sell some parts while I get a couple of cars ready to sell. This all stems from the results of theives, & being screwed by State Farm.... (see "Admin's Stories" on my website Screwed By insurance -

). I owe taxes, & my bills are going to bepiling up big-time. July 8th I'll have to come up with the extortion moneythe STATE requires me to pay in order to drive my car without GOING TOJAIL (it's *called* "mandatory insurance", but it's nothing but thePROTECTION RACKET enacted by state legislators)!The gold tools have been boxed up for close to thirty years. I'm tired ofstoring everything. I would love to display them but where? If I can't getenough for them then they're most likely going in my tool box & beingused. Then of course some G.D. THEIF will find out about them & stealthem! So you tell me what am I *supposed* to do?I thought maybe there were some Chrysler fans that would appreciatethem... But hey thanks for the kind thoughts, anyway. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

dude the last time I checked McDonalds was hiring.

also your starving, but have your own website, and computer???

Reply to
Punch

Every state I know of has a dept that regulations the insurance industry. Complain to them or hire a lawyer.

Reply to
Art

Yeah well I have no doors on the building & I'm afraid - with ALL the other things that have been stolen from me in the past - that if I take a job making $7 an hour then the THEIVES will come & take EVERYTHING ELSE I own away! The (Value Web) website is an effort to make some money; the Screwed By insurance website is an effort to help folks. So you think I should take them down? ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

Tried both: the state did absolutely NOTHING; all the lawyers I talked to said the SAME THING: "state fart will drag it out in court for TEN YEARS & spend ten times the claim to avoid paying - it's just not worth our time. STATE FARM WINS BY INTIMIDATION!!! It's the way all mobs & cartels work. Wake up this has been going on for decades & no one seems to care until it happens to them! Try READING the website & OTHER FOLKS' STORIES. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

How much??

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Comparable prices to chrome sets. I have the 1/2" drive set (it's the one on the styafoam Pentastar)- 8 sockets & one extension; the mac 10 pc. (sockets only) set is $170. I have a 3/8" deepwell set (in plastic case) - comparable price is $100. I also have a 3/8" drive set - ratchet, 7 sockets, & extension; Spark plug set with ratchet & socket; 1/2" drive ratchet (all in plastic cases); & the mic (in cardboard box). The mic only has the handle gold plated. I don't have comparable prices for these sets yet (if you find some let me know). Thank you, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Reply to
ThaDriver

Still think you should put on ebay. Some collector may give you a ridiculous bid assuming they are like new.

Reply to
Art

"Still think you should put on ebay. Some collector may give you a ridiculous bid assuming they are like new." Well I haven't mentioned it before, but I've been watching the *only* set I could find on ebay & it just went for $30!!! I'll not sell mine for that unles I haven't eaten for three days. Guess they're going in my tool box, although I don't really *need* those tools there. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver