ANYONE KNOW ABOUT T&C SENTERY KEY OR WHY VAN WONT CONSISTANTLY WORK??

THIS IS A PUZZLER TO ME, MY 2002 TOWN & COUNTRY VAN WILL START 1/2 OF THE TIME AND START BUT SHUT OFF AFTER 2 SECONDS THE REST. AFTER THE 4TH TRY IT WILL NOT TURN OVER UNTIL ABOUT 30 MINUTES OR SO. IT IS SO INCONSISTANT WHEN IT FOULS UP. WE HAVE CHANGED THE BATTERY, CHECKED THE STARTER, THE ALTERNATER, HAD IT HOOKED UP TO FIND NOTHING. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!! WE HAVE READ IN MANUAL THAT THIS IS ABOUT WHAT THE SENTERY KEY IS SUPPOSED TO DO BUT WHY NOT ALL OF THE TIME AND HOW DO WE FIX IT TO MAKE THIS VAN DEPENDABLE. THANKS TO ANYONE WITH SOME INPUT. KELSEY

Reply to
KB02town&country via CarKB.com

Turn off the caps!!! No need to yell Your vehicle has a sentry key problem or the Immobilizer is not receiving the proper info from the key. More then likely there is a fault code set in the SKIM module. Take it to the dealer or someone that has a scanner and is familiar with the system. The system is designed to lock out any other attempts at starting the vehicle after the 3rd try. It wont crank at all. And after the fourth try it actually takes an hour to reset itself. If you have one of those Mobil Key Passes on your key ring, this could cause these exact symptoms, It will interfere with the system.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Question for Glenn or others

If someday I wanted to have the SKIS disabled, is that possible? if I had the DRB3 could that just disable the SKIS/SKIM or is the PCM configured such that once SKIM is enabled there is no way to disable it on that particular PCM ( even with the correct PIN code ) and it can only be disabled or not enabled with a NEW / Replacement PCM

thanks just interested.

also for those interested complete data on the remote devolped by TRW can be found by the FCC data ID a small part follows

Automotive Electronics Group

2001 JRlKJ RKE Transmitter Principles of Circuit Operation The transmitter utilizes a SAW resonator controlled oscillator to generate a carrier of frequency of 315.0 MHz.. When a button is pressed, a Keeloq encoder will generate an associated encrypted command code; the code will be modulated onto the 315 MHz. carrier by means of ASK modulation; the modulated RF carrier then will be radiated through the onboard antenna. The transmitter will enter sleep mode after the pressed button is released or after a button is pressed down for about 27.5 seconds, whichever comes first. The Keeloq encoder updates the content of coding for each time of transmitting with a specific encryption key.
Reply to
Mr.X

Reply to
KB02town&country via CarKB.com

I don't believe you can remove it from the system. The DRB does not have the option to turn it off or disable it. Even by replacing the PCM it will try to communicate with the skim module. If you remove the skim module it will not start . The only possible way I could think of would be replacing the BCM and PCM (that's is not equipped with skim) and leaving the skim disconnected, But that would be foolish to try unless you were planning on stealing the vehicle. Make friends with the one on your vehicle because I think it is there to stay.