are 98 & 96 rear hatch doors compatible on a voyager

hey guys , can some tell me for certain that a rear hatch door from a

96 voyager will fit on a 98,,as im about to buy a replacement from the wreckers and he says it will , i just want to make sure before i rip off the old one and find it doesnt fit. thanks fred
Reply to
fred

Fred, those guys will tell you anything to sell a part and when it doesn't fit they say oh!! I would contact your nearest dealer and have them look up both parts and see if the part number is the same, if they aren't you may be taking a chance. im sure you can find the right year door at some other salvage yard cant you?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My list shows the same PN.."liftgate shell"... 4897796AA (only one listed for 96-00) however there are different latches.. plates etc... I think there was a recall on the latches for 96.. not sure.. memory not so good anymore. .. I don't have that stuff available (retired) don't keep up.

Reply to
me!

memory not so good anymore.

ahh you gave away your age!!, must be over 40. My memory went 4 yrs ago

The latch recall you are reffering to was over with the year 1995

Reply to
maxpower

Stop your flattery !!

I don't remember 40 anymore !!

Reply to
me!

OMG!!! your really that old??

Reply to
maxpower

thanks guys i think i will call the dealer in the am,,,,, the reason is the 96 door if compatible is $200 cheaper than all the 98's i've called about. thanks again fred

Reply to
fred

Reply to
mic canic

can you explain a little further, what switches? thanks mic fred

Reply to
fred

Reply to
mic canic