AWD Service Question

I have a '99 Chrysler T&C Limited All-Wheel-Drive with just under 190K miles. The drive train is beginning to groan from the rear of the vehicle. What items back there can be services by a DIY-er? Can lub oils be changed? Is there any particular procedures or cautions I need to be aware of?

Tom

Reply to
Piperson

Gear oil goes into the ptu just off of the transmission. Atf in the over-running clutch portion of the drive shaft and Gear oil in the rear diff. Check the drive shaft cv joint for excessive play common weak point. Use a suction gun to remove the oils from each unit if you cant get to drain plugs. It is not like changing you own oil it is better suited up on a hoist. But I don't like working on my back.\ Bryan

Reply to
Bryan