Battery Amperage Drain

Just thought I'd share an experience in our shop. We've had a 92 5th Avenue that has been running the battery down with a .5 amp draw & we've had trouble finding the source. Pulled the #12 fuse & the draw drops to .03 amps. It runs the courtesy lights & among other things, the Body Control Module. All we did was unplug the 2 connectors to the Module & the draw again dropped to .03. Thought we had a bad BCM that needed replaced. Just to verify, I plugged the BCM back in, & low & behold, .03 amperage drop. Evidently unplugging it reset it somehow & now the problem's fixed (for now). I'll update if the problem comes back.

Reply to
workoncars

philthy