Best tires for a 2003 jeep wrangler?

Hello, I have a 2003 jeep wrangler that needs new tires. I do a lot of city driving, but I also tow a trailer and do some 4-wheeling. Right now I have the factory tires on, they're Goodyear P215/75R15. I'm wondering if these are the best tires for what I do or if there are other viable options? Thanks for your help! leslie

Reply to
leslie

Goodyear just came out with a version of the TripleTread for SUV class vehicles. Give those a look over.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
philthy

Have had a '92 Wrangler (with the ultra-compliant leaf springs) since new.

Ordered it with the biggest they offered then: 225R 75s......Goodyear Wranglers....sort of semi-knobby. Faithfully rotated all 5.....they were shot at less than 28,000 miles.

Replaced with 235R75s Wrangler (highway tread)....faithfully rotated all 5......they were shot in about 34,000.

Shortly after set #2, Consumer Reports did a tire article and more or less said that Wranglers are great but have lousy tread life......they recommended Dunlop Radial Rovers.....so got a set of those next time......faithfully rotated all 5 and got about 40,000 miles.

So now have my second set of Dunlops and like them OK........course, Dunlop is now owned by Goodyear.......couldn't get them at my old source, but the local Goodyear stored ordered them in....and Sears sells them. Usually about $80 ea.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click