brake wear sensor

Hi.

I got a set of Wagner frontf replacement brake pads for my '95 LeBaron V-6 3.0L and then I read in the shop manual about the wear sensor. I don't think these after market pads have them.

OTOH, I think the pads that have worn out were OEM, and I didn't hear anything from the wear sensors, so is there any point in my going out of my way to buy pads that have wear sensors??

I don't drive much so I bought the low priced pads. If I bought the expensive set (also by Wagner) would they have the sensors or do I have to go to Chrysler?

Also, it says to use Mopar multi-purpose lubricant. Am I likely to have anything like that around the house?. I have white grease and lithium grease, etc. If it is not Mopar but it's still called multi-purpose lubricant, and its for sale an auto-parts store, is that the same or close enough? (IIRC a friend let me use his in the past, but he moved.)

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
mm