Brilliant, Just Brilliant

I wanted to post a thanks to all those who helped me solve the problem with my 1996 Plymouth Voyager 2.4L. The journey went something like this...

First posted describing the problem (very little power when under load) and error code. Someone mentioned it was an ignition problem.

I changed the coilless ignition (likely a waste of time and money), which only somewhat made things better for a few days.

Someone mentioned it might be the SMEC.

Later posted question about replacing the SMEC and was told that my vehicle has an SBEC and it was very unlikely that it was at fault. Told to look at replacing the plugs and plug wires.

Replaced all Champion plugs with new NGK plugs. Replaced old OEM wires with new premium NGK wires. (Also replaced the seriously leaking valve cover gaskets, which had been installed at a dealership under a year ago.) Works beautifully and the CHECK ENGINE light has gone on (hopefully a very long) vacation.

Thanks again for the help.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --